WHITEPATH MEN’S GOLF ASSOCIATION TOURNAMENT RULES
1. Tournaments will be played from the White, Black or Red tees. Handicaps will be adjusted accordingly
2. Fourteen club rule is in effect.
3. All golf balls deemed to be in play MUST be marked with the player’s identification.[ Dots, Lines, Player’s initials, etc.]
4. Cart Path Relief – Ball must be dropped within one club length from spot of relief – For relief take stance, stay on closet side of path without standing on path, ground club and make drop within one club length of that spot. Your closest point of relief may be in the rough.
5. Yardage Markers - Free Relief - drop ball WITHIN ONE CLUB LENGTH - NO CLOSER TO THE HOLE.
6. Putting – No gimmies – PUTT EVERYTHING OUT
7. All areas outside the mowed rough areas will be played as a HAZARD. You may do one of the following:
- If you find your ball you may play it as it lies – WITHOUT any penalty stroke. You may move “LOOSE IMPEDIMENTS” cut branches, sticks, etc., “NOT THE BALL” OR...
UNDER PENALTY OF ONE STROKE YOU MAY DO THE FOLLOWING:
- IF YOU FIND YOUR BALL it may dropped within two club lengths, no nearer the hole, in the closest mown area. This could be rough or fairway.
- IF BALL IS NOT FOUND – drop a ball within two club lengths of the spot where the original ball ENTERED the hazard ( not where you found your ball ), no nearer the hole, OR keeping the spot of ENTRY and the HOLE in a line and go back as far as you like.
8. Triple bogey is the highest score that can be taken on any given hole
9. You may use a mulligan on the first tee only. You can choose which ball to play.
10. Scorecards should be signed and turned in to the Pro Shop or Tournament Committee Member
11. Scorecard Playoffs will start on hole 15 and proceed backwards starting with hole 14, 13, etc.
12. NO FIVESOMES – we will make every attempt to pair groups into Threesomes and Foursomes.
13. USGA Rules apply. If in doubt, play a second ball and the Tournament Committee will make the final decision.
THANK YOU FOR PARTICIPATING AND ENJOY YOUR ROUND!!!!